Congratulations to our winners!
1000 Friends of Iowa proudly announces ten recipients as its Best Development Award winners of 2016. Five independent jurors from across the state selected projects that implement the efficient use of our resources to develop sustainable communities that provide a high quality of life.
The 2016 Best Development Award winners are listed below (category, winner, project, city):
- In the Renovated Residential category, Todd Schneider for the School House Apartments in Fort Madison
- In the New Commercial category, Hope Haven Area Development Center Corporation for the Hopefully Yours Thrift and Gift Shop in Burlington
- In the Renovated Commercial category, Blackbird Investments for the Market One Building in Des Moines
- In the Renovated Civic category, Angelo Architects for the Iowa Quilt Museum in Winterset
- In the Mixed Use category, Indigo Dawn for the Green & Main project in Des Moines
- In the Innovative Leadership category, Johnson County for its Solar Array and Soil Quality Restoration at Johnson County Administration Building in Iowa City
- In the Renewable Energy category, Steffensmeier Welding and Manufacturing for its Solar Field in Pilot Grove
- In the Stormwater: Civic category, the City of Storm Lake for its North Central Stormwater Project in Storm Lake
- In the Stormwater: Private category, Cherry Glen Learning Farm, for its Designed Watershed Mitigation in Polk City
- In the Urban Placemaking category, The Alley KADTS for The Alley in Oskaloosa